Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Fanfic, Hugh Howey, the Silo Saga & Amazon Worlds
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- THEATER REVIEW: “To Kill A Kelpie” by Matthew McVarish
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Butchery, Part III: Makin' the Bacon
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- Boeing, Boring: Boeing Boeing at the Lucille Ball Little Theatre, Jamestown, NY
- Add Contacts, Congressional Edition - #PhoneYourRep
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory