Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Using Canva to Design Your Own Book Covers
- Can we please bring back "Patriotard"?
- ACT ONE REACTION: Slaughterhouse Five
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- REVIEW: Alice in Black and White at 59E59
- Why It's Not Okay To Call A Nine Year Old Girl A Cunt
- Fanfic, Hugh Howey, the Silo Saga & Amazon Worlds
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory