Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
- Low Sodium Pernil - Reddit Recipe
- Millionaire's Shortbread (Chocolate Caramel Shortbread)
- THEATER REVIEW: Dublin by Lamplight at 59E59
- Four Finalists and Six Winners: The Samuel French Off Off Broadway Short Play Festival
- David Tennant & An Accent Piece: Broadchurch, Gracepoint, FOX & Adaptations
- Review: FunkyFlick.com, A New Way To Find Movie Recommendations
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory