Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- The Leather Skirt Diet
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
- Please Verify Your Humanity
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
- "That Said..." #2: The Parent Trap
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory