Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- When Voting 3rd Party Might Mean Voting for Clinton
- Healthy No Salt Added Nacho Recipe #cooking #sodium
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
- Somebody Out There Hates Your Writing
- THEATER REVIEW: "Evil Dead: The Musical" at the Randolph Theatre in Toronto, CA
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- The Revenant Recap/Review: Someone Give Leo His Oscar Already
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory