Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
- Divorcing Microsoft, Dating Chromebook: Conscious Uncoupling & Your OS Of Choice
- Boeing, Boring: Boeing Boeing at the Lucille Ball Little Theatre, Jamestown, NY
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- Using Canva to Design Your Own Book Covers
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory