Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- Low Sodium Pernil - Reddit Recipe
- Butchery, Part II: Start Spreading the News
- The Leather Skirt Diet
- Akismet vs. Disqus - A Tale of Two Comment Management Systems
- The Vagina Blogs: NYC #Vaginagate #Solidarity Event
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory