Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- Please Verify Your Humanity
- What You Wanted When You Moved To New York City
- Your Health, Your Advocacy: What I've Learned About Communicating With Doctors
Books For SaleGoodreads.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory