Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
- Healthy No Salt Added Nacho Recipe #cooking #sodium
- THEATER REVIEW: “To Kill A Kelpie” by Matthew McVarish
- About Rachel
- THEATER REVIEW: "Evil Dead: The Musical" at the Randolph Theatre in Toronto, CA
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory