There’s very little to recommend The Sphinx Winx over traditional B-movie fare, available at a lower price (and higher camp factor) from Netflix and local indie movie stores. Fans of Egyptian paraphanalia and themes can take a pass, since this show owes little aside from pop-culture references to Egypt. All this could be forgiven if the show were funny; alas it is not.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Driving in Weather in a Ford Focus
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
- The MTA, the Airtrain, and Out-Of-Towners: Corporate Incompetence, or Clever Way to Add Profit?
- THEATER REVIEW: The Deepest Play Ever @ the New Ohio Theatre
- ACT ONE REACTION: Slaughterhouse Five
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- THEATER REVIEW: "The Beautiful Laugh" at La Mama
- THEATER REVIEW: "Brilliant Traces" at the ArcLight Theater
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory