There’s very little to recommend The Sphinx Winx over traditional B-movie fare, available at a lower price (and higher camp factor) from Netflix and local indie movie stores. Fans of Egyptian paraphanalia and themes can take a pass, since this show owes little aside from pop-culture references to Egypt. All this could be forgiven if the show were funny; alas it is not.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- ACT ONE REACTION: Slaughterhouse Five
- Low Sodium Pernil - Reddit Recipe
- Theatre Review: Speak No Evil at the Alleyway Theatre in Buffalo, NY
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- Everybody's Free (To Get Burned If They Don't Wear Enough Sunscreen)
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory