I saw both the National Theatre’s War Horse (5 Tonys in 2011, including Best Play) and Punchdrunk’s Sleep No More last week. The two shows share a common thread in that they ask their audiences to become involved in an area of performance they may not have experienced to the same degree before. War Horse’s puppetry is of a scale that few American audiences will have seen, while Sleep No More immerses its audience from the word go. This is what real virtual reality feels like, people.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- Please Verify Your Humanity
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- The Peggy Carter Project Continues
- Low Sodium Pernil - Reddit Recipe
- The Vagina Blogs: NYC #Vaginagate #Solidarity Event
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
Books For SaleGoodreads.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory