I saw both the National Theatre’s War Horse (5 Tonys in 2011, including Best Play) and Punchdrunk’s Sleep No More last week. The two shows share a common thread in that they ask their audiences to become involved in an area of performance they may not have experienced to the same degree before. War Horse’s puppetry is of a scale that few American audiences will have seen, while Sleep No More immerses its audience from the word go. This is what real virtual reality feels like, people.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- The Peggy Carter Project Continues
- Pro Tips: When Your Android Phone Dies
- Update: OMG IT'S (sort of but not really) DONE!/The Peggy Carter Project
- Awesome Awesome Amazeballs Awesome
- Low Sodium Pernil - Reddit Recipe
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory