I saw both the National Theatre’s War Horse (5 Tonys in 2011, including Best Play) and Punchdrunk’s Sleep No More last week. The two shows share a common thread in that they ask their audiences to become involved in an area of performance they may not have experienced to the same degree before. War Horse’s puppetry is of a scale that few American audiences will have seen, while Sleep No More immerses its audience from the word go. This is what real virtual reality feels like, people.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Update: OMG IT'S (sort of but not really) DONE!/The Peggy Carter Project
- Bacon-wrapped Mac & Cheese Parcels
- The Unfinishable To-Do List
- Please Verify Your Humanity
- Low Sodium Pernil - Reddit Recipe
- About Me
- Akismet vs. Disqus - A Tale of Two Comment Management Systems
Books For SaleGoodreads.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory