I saw both the National Theatre’s War Horse (5 Tonys in 2011, including Best Play) and Punchdrunk’s Sleep No More last week. The two shows share a common thread in that they ask their audiences to become involved in an area of performance they may not have experienced to the same degree before. War Horse’s puppetry is of a scale that few American audiences will have seen, while Sleep No More immerses its audience from the word go. This is what real virtual reality feels like, people.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- Please Verify Your Humanity
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- Akismet vs. Disqus - A Tale of Two Comment Management Systems
- The Vagina Blogs: NYC #Vaginagate #Solidarity Event
- Healthy No Salt Added Nacho Recipe #cooking #sodium
- I love your comments. Akismet, on the other hand...
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
Books For SaleGoodreads.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory