There’s very little to recommend The Sphinx Winx over traditional B-movie fare, available at a lower price (and higher camp factor) from Netflix and local indie movie stores. Fans of Egyptian paraphanalia and themes can take a pass, since this show owes little aside from pop-culture references to Egypt. All this could be forgiven if the show were funny; alas it is not.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
- Fanfic, Hugh Howey, the Silo Saga & Amazon Worlds
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- THEATER REVIEW: "Insidious" at Road Less Traveled Productions, Buffalo, New York
- The Independent's New Stance on Gender-Biased Books
- THEATER REVIEW: "Raft of the Medusa" at Cherry Lane Theater
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory