There’s very little to recommend The Sphinx Winx over traditional B-movie fare, available at a lower price (and higher camp factor) from Netflix and local indie movie stores. Fans of Egyptian paraphanalia and themes can take a pass, since this show owes little aside from pop-culture references to Egypt. All this could be forgiven if the show were funny; alas it is not.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- Reading Hugh Howey's Silo Saga - Some Thoughts Upon Nearing Its Completion
- Review: FunkyFlick.com, A New Way To Find Movie Recommendations
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Boiled Hippos & Beat Women
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory