There’s very little to recommend The Sphinx Winx over traditional B-movie fare, available at a lower price (and higher camp factor) from Netflix and local indie movie stores. Fans of Egyptian paraphanalia and themes can take a pass, since this show owes little aside from pop-culture references to Egypt. All this could be forgiven if the show were funny; alas it is not.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- Update: OMG IT'S (sort of but not really) DONE!/The Peggy Carter Project
- Creepy Creepers and the Creeps Who Excuse Them
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- Samsung Chromebook Update
- Freelance Writing Site PeoplePerHour takes sexism to an unfunny place on April Fools Day 2014
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
Books For SaleGoodreads.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory