There’s very little to recommend The Sphinx Winx over traditional B-movie fare, available at a lower price (and higher camp factor) from Netflix and local indie movie stores. Fans of Egyptian paraphanalia and themes can take a pass, since this show owes little aside from pop-culture references to Egypt. All this could be forgiven if the show were funny; alas it is not.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- The Unfinishable To-Do List
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- Driving in Weather in a Ford Focus
- Bernie Sanders and Foreign Policy
- Creepy Creepers and the Creeps Who Excuse Them
- About Rachel
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
- The MTA, the Airtrain, and Out-Of-Towners: Corporate Incompetence, or Clever Way to Add Profit?
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory