There’s very little to recommend The Sphinx Winx over traditional B-movie fare, available at a lower price (and higher camp factor) from Netflix and local indie movie stores. Fans of Egyptian paraphanalia and themes can take a pass, since this show owes little aside from pop-culture references to Egypt. All this could be forgiven if the show were funny; alas it is not.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- My Books
- THEATER REVIEW: "Evil Dead: The Musical" at the Randolph Theatre in Toronto, CA
- Malawi Update: Overwhelming Response!
- THEATER REVIEW: "New Works 4: International Short Play Festival" at the Richmond Shepard Theatre
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory