First thing’s first:
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thanks for being here, reading, clicking, sharing, generally being lovely, etc.
This is the time of year when I like to look back and see what I’ve been up to. So here goes, a list of my 2014 accomplishments and 2015 hopes, both professional and personal.
Professional Accomplishments, 2014
- Became an admin for the site, Calming Brits & Irishmen, which my friend started in an effort to cheer me up after my back diagnosis just over a year ago.
- Wrote ACE IN THE HOLE, a one-act play with an all-female cast, commissioned by Ingenius Theatre. (Available as part of Short Frictions – purchasing link to your right).
- Wrote a first draft (which I’ve subsequently revised a bit) of a novella as part of a long-term project with @sareliz.
- Created new cover art for a number of the books I have available on Amazon.
- Completed a month of blogging every day.
- Started a new job in a new city, with more creative freedom and more responsibility.
- Started a writer’s group on Facebook with a group of very talented people who I’m looking forward to growing with over the next year.
Personal Accomplishments, 2014
- Despite a bad back injury, I kept a (mostly) positive outlook throughout the year during my recovery.
- Made some major strides forward in dealing with my own mental health.
- Moved away from New York City (I KNOW!) and adjusted to life in the country (still in progress).
- I HAVE A NIECE! (Okay, all I did to accomplish this was be born to the same parents as her dad and then wait around for 30 years, but still.)
- Lost a bit of weight by making healthy life choices (and a bit by being in too much pain to move, during the first part of 2014).
- Got my finances more or less under control.
Professional Goals, 2015
- Revise, rewrite, and finish the aforementioned novella, which seems to be growing into more of a novel-shaped thing.
- Finish my sitcom pilot and outline the subsequent scripts for the first “season”.
- Write another play. No idea what. Just write another play.
- Write three short stories…and send them to actual publications.
- Stretch goal: experiment with YouTube/vlogging. (Ain’t gonna happen, but you have to aim high, right?)
- See more theater.
Personal goals, 2015:
- Maintain healthy habits
- Travel more
- Meet my niece (hoping to knock that off the list in a few weeks)
- Pay more attention to my personal life.
And there you have it! What did you accomplish in 2014, and what are you hoping to do in the coming year? Whatever your answers…congratulations, and good luck!