Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Review: FunkyFlick.com, A New Way To Find Movie Recommendations
- What Are You Doing Monday Night? (Writer's Workshop, Yo!)
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
- Divorcing Microsoft, Dating Chromebook: Conscious Uncoupling & Your OS Of Choice
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Awesome Awesome Amazeballs Awesome
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory