Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
- Fanfic, Hugh Howey, the Silo Saga & Amazon Worlds
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- THEATER REVIEW: "Insidious" at Road Less Traveled Productions, Buffalo, New York
- The Independent's New Stance on Gender-Biased Books
- THEATER REVIEW: "Raft of the Medusa" at Cherry Lane Theater
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory