Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- THEATER REVIEW: "Evil Dead: The Musical" at the Randolph Theatre in Toronto, CA
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- My Books
- THEATER REVIEW: "New Works 4: International Short Play Festival" at the Richmond Shepard Theatre
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory