Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
- The Peggy Carter Project Continues
- Boeing, Boring: Boeing Boeing at the Lucille Ball Little Theatre, Jamestown, NY
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
- Swimming with Turtles in Sint Maarten/Saint Martin
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- ACT ONE REACTION: Slaughterhouse Five
- "Portlandia" - "Little Britain" for Americans
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory