Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- About Rachel
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- Akismet vs. Disqus - A Tale of Two Comment Management Systems
- Low Sodium Pizza Crust Recipe
- THEATER REVIEW: Dublin by Lamplight at 59E59
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Fanfic, Hugh Howey, the Silo Saga & Amazon Worlds
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory