Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- Beyond Disappointed in Dorothy Perkins
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Eating To Prevent Inflammation
- Review: FunkyFlick.com, A New Way To Find Movie Recommendations
- THEATER REVIEW: "Evil Dead: The Musical" at the Randolph Theatre in Toronto, CA
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Please Verify Your Humanity
- Millionaire's Shortbread (Chocolate Caramel Shortbread)
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory