Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- Agent Carter & Aspirations of Craftiness
- An Interview with Kevin Kerr: TEAR THE CURTAIN in Toronto
- Please Bear This In Mind When Submitting Your Bid
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Just for Girls: Monopoly Edition
- Theater Review: MANGELLA by Ken Ferrigni at The Drilling Company
- Keep Calm & Carry On
- THEATER REVIEW: Mission Drift at The Connelly Theater
Books For SaleGoodreads.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory