Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- What Are You Doing Monday Night? (Writer's Workshop, Yo!)
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
- THEATER REVIEW: "Evil Dead: The Musical" at the Randolph Theatre in Toronto, CA
- SHORT FRICTIONS: Collecting a Collection of Short Stories
- Awesome Awesome Amazeballs Awesome
- "Encouragement" With a Side of Tone Policing
- Low Sodium Pernil - Reddit Recipe
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory