Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- How HuluPlus and SyFy Lost Helix a Viewer
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- Jerry-rigged Low Sodium Ramen
- Driving in Weather in a Ford Focus
- Please Verify Your Humanity
- The Revenant Recap/Review: Someone Give Leo His Oscar Already
- Healthy No Salt Added Nacho Recipe #cooking #sodium
- Theater Review: "Eternal Equinox" by Joyce Sachs, 59E59
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory