Last spring, I saw the National Theatre’s War Horse at Lincoln Center, shortly after it was awarded a Tony award. While the production was absolutely impressive, in terms of the technical savvy of the performers and techs, in the end the puppetry didn’t strike me as necessary to the dramatic action of the production; at times, it felt like it separated me from the characters’ experiences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Writer Duet: A Great (Free!) Solution for Screenwriting on a Chromebook
- Inspirational Poetry 101: Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
- "That Said..." #1 // SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SPICE GIRLS
- Pay-To-Play, Theater Edition: Companies Who Make Playwrights Pay
- An Exercise in Editing, or, Why The Hunger Games Makes My Eyes Bleed
- Driving in Weather in a Ford Focus
- Words, Emotions, and How Your Audience is Feeling
- Please Verify Your Humanity
- Bacon-wrapped Mac & Cheese Parcels
- Low Sodium Pernil - Reddit Recipe
You might enjoy some things I’ve written.Me too.
Winter Resource: Homeless Shelter Directory